RACE: The POWER of an ILLUSION at Salem UMC, Council Bluffs
RACE: The POWER of an ILLUSION
RACIAL EQUITY AWARENESS
- Jesus calls us to love God and love neighbor.
- Racial justice is an ongoing focus of United Methodist Women mission work.
- We are called to live out the Charter for Racial Justice in our communities.
- Racial disproportionality and disparity occur in Iowa.
- RACE: The POWER of an ILLUSION (RPI) is a one-day guided educational experience that brings people from various backgrounds together to begin “courageous conversations” as they explore intersections of race, equity, and child welfare guided by trained facilitators using a variety of resources.
- 8:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. on a weekday
- Learning Exchange is FREE! PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED & LIMITED TO THE FIRST 35 TO CONTACT RITA CARTER!
- There will be a free-will donation for lunch (or bring your own).
Faith community pastors, staff & members; foster parents, child advocates & professionals; interested community members. (0.5 UMC CEUs, SW CEUs, & foster parent credit hours available.)
WHEN & WHERE
During 2017 in at least four Iowa locations!
- Thursday, April 20 – Salem UMC, Council Bluffs
- Iowa Conference United Methodist Women in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Human Services
- Iowa Chapter-Methodist Federation for Social Action, Southeast District (UMC) Latino Task Force, Iowa Conference UMC Board of Church and Society, Iowa Conference UMC Commission on Religion & Race, AFSC—Immigrant Justice Program,
Contact Rita Carter, email@example.com or 515-979-0605 for questions/reservations.